I'm actively recruiting (self-motivated and active) PhD students.
Please contact me if you are a self-motivated
PhD student (or graduate student interested in our PhD program) with
strong programming skills and strong interests in software analysis, security and machine learning as well as deep learning.
Monash University is one of the prestigious universities in Australia. It is a member of “Group of Eight”. Monash University is ranked in the top 60 globally in the following ranking systems:
- 2022 QS Ranking: 58
- 2022 US News Ranking:48
- 2022 Times Higher Education World University Ranking: 57
Group members can be found here SMAT Lab.
This research group mainly focuses on developing practical techniques to assure software quality and secure software systems for social good.
In particular, our research mainly lies in the following directions: Mobile Software Engineering and Intelligent Software Engineering.
Requirements for External Students
- A master degree with a computer science related background, and GPA > 85/100.
- Outstanding students with only undergraduate degree can also be considered, if GPA > 90/100.
- Outstanding English skills, e.g., IELTS 6.5 overall (no band less than 6.0), TOEFL IBT 79 + (Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21).
- A good publication track record, demonstrated by publications.
Requirements for Monash Students
For PhD Applicant, I normally take students who have worked with me for a couple of months (e.g., through minor/honour thesis).
So it would be better if you can contact me a couple of months before to express your interest. Also, you may probably require to
For minor/honour thesis applicants, you will require to
- have an H1 WAIM score for your Master or Honour degree.
- have done or been doing a minor thesis related to our research interests.
Others can be found at https://www.monash.edu/it/our-research/graduate-research/how-to-apply
- have an H1 WAIM score (>85)
- have considered doing a PhD after minor thesis. You will probably work with one of my PhD student who can provide consistent help for your minor thesis.
There is no deadline, and you can apply at anytime of the year!
Please send me your CV, transcripts, publication list, and research topics (not have to be the one listed above) that you are interested in.
Due to large number of applications, I may only reply to selected applicants.
Email: li.li at monash.edu